Welcome to our Medical Cannabis Fundamentals: The Essential Guide to Prescribing for Doctors. This course is designed to equip general practitioners with the knowledge and skills needed to navigate Australia's evolving medical cannabis landscape. Explore the benefits, regulations, and practical aspects of prescribing medical cannabis for improved patient outcomes.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe cannabis medicines accurately and demonstrate an understanding of the individual chemical components of the plant.
- Demonstrate an understanding of endocannabinoid system function.
- Assess the suitability of cannabis treatments in various chronic disease states.
- Identify appropriate patient cohorts for medical cannabis treatment.
- Facilitate clinical discussions with patients around medical cannabis as a therapeutic option in symptom management.
- Initiate, monitor and titrate cannabinoid medicines.
- Apply critical safety considerations in patient centred care.
- Navigate the regulatory frameworks surrounding medical cannabis provision in Australia.
Table of contents
Medical Cannabis Fundamentals
History of Medical Cannabis
Empower yourself on the history of both social and medical history of medical cannabis.
INTERMEDIATE PRINCIPLES OF MEDICAL CANNABIS