Welcome to our Medical Cannabis Fundamentals: The Essential Guide to Patient Care for Nurses course, tailored to equip nursing professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate Australia's evolving medical cannabis landscape. Delve into the benefits, regulations, and practical aspects of medical cannabis, enhancing your ability to provide comprehensive care to patients.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe cannabis medicines accurately and demonstrate an understanding of the individual chemical components of the plant.
- Demonstrate an understanding of endocannabinoid system function.
- Assess the suitability of cannabis treatments in various chronic disease states.
- Identify appropriate patient cohorts for medical cannabis treatment.
- Facilitate clinical discussions with patients around medical cannabis as a therapeutic option in symptom management.
- Monitor and provide titration advice around cannabinoid medicines.
- Apply critical safety considerations in patient centred care.
- Navigate the regulatory frameworks surrounding medical cannabis provision in Australia.
- Claim 5 CPD hours for eligible participants.
Table of contents
Medical Cannabis Fundamentals
History of Medical Cannabis
Empower yourself on the history of both social and medical history of medical cannabis.
INTERMEDIATE PRINCIPLES OF MEDICAL CANNABIS